It’s rainy and muggy today and I’m not sure if I’m depressed that it doesn’t feel like summer and we’re not at the beach or enamored that I get to spend another day wrapped up in blankets, reading whatever is in reach and writing whatever comes to mind. Put me down for both, I guess. Right now I’m cleaning out my drafts folder so what you see below is like finally taking that one box of things to Goodwill.
1. Does this bee sting make me look fat?
(Not a new one—just still whining about the one I got the first day of summer.)
2. Sometimes things get weird when you reuse plastic bags.
3. Watching a movie where the main character has a detachable leg (i.e. artificial limb).
Leo: What if he had two detachable legs?
Vincenzo: All legs are detachable. Some are just harder to get off.
4. The kids all keyed up to get candy at the Memorial Day Parade. When the first handful was thrown, everyone ran out except Vincenzo. “No candy for you this year?” I asked. He explained it didn’t matter because we all divide it up equally in the end anyway, so he was just going to sit there and enjoy the parade while everyone else got candy for him.
5. Leo, reading from a joke book: Dad, what letter of the alphabet can you drink?
6. Every time I go to Target, I have to fight a huge urge to call Cuba.
7. Leo set his stuffie hick here and said, “Now Chick has a place to rest his head.”
(I think we can all relate.)
8. Trying to choose a card for Vincenzo’s spring play (he didn’t feel too great about how it was going to go):
9. Leo: The last one must be a strong cup of coffee! (He didn’t even realize the double entendre.)
WHAT’S COOKIN’ 2NITE:
Fried rice with ham and peas
Potato leek fritatta
Garlic green beans