Oh sheesh, I haven’t blogged in a week?! Remember when I used to blog 3 to 5 times a week? What time warp was I living in then, and can someone tell me how to get back to it? I seriously think time is outright broken lately, and I hope someone fixes it soon. And I’m not talking about daylight savings time here. That is a MISNOMER.
Take Saturday, for example. The day held two soccer games, two end-of-season parties, one kid birthday party, one workout for me, plus Kevin’s 40th birthday party. Somehow, it all fit.
But then today all we had was one soccer game and I ended up sitting it out because it was too much for the day’s schedule. I just couldn’t fit it in.
See what I mean? What is happening?!
Anyway, there are other reasons I haven’t blogged much lately, and so I present to you:
MRS. MOUTHY’S SEMI-COMPLETE LIST OF EXCUSES FOR NOT BLOGGING MUCH LATELY:
1. Time. Bro. Ken.
2. I started instagramming as a way to “get out there” as an author. I now spend hours shopping for, setting up, and applying different filters to spreads for my picture books, like these:
3.Cleaning up the colossal messes from making the spreads, such as rainbow frosting ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE.
4. Starting a website (shh, don’t tell this blog—it’s the jealous type). Coming soon!
5. Writing. I spend a couple hours of my day writing picture books and chipping away at that novel, so now instead of putting all my words out here for everyone to have, they stay safely inside a folder inside a folder inside a folder inside a folder somewhere inside another folder on my computer.
6. Submitting. I am coming out of my cave to put one picture book out there (The Rhinocorn, if you must know) because it’s making this cave too damn bright and the rainbows are giving me headaches.
7. Reading. I have finally decided to make time for it after 13 years of wondering if I would ever have time for it, and it is guh-lorious. But it takes time, so much time, to do so much reading. And yet, there is still not enough time for reading. (See item #1.)
8. The soccer schedule has us by the BALLZ.
9. The dog ate it. Maybe not applicable, but you can’t go wrong with a classic.
And that, my friends, is why you do not have a proper blog post to read today. Thankyouforyourtime.
Who else is being driven crazy by the fact that I ended on 9? For all you people I give you…
10. WHAT’S COOKIN’ 2NITE:
Turducken (thanks, MIL!)