1. Leo, looking at tulips in the yard: It’s so funny that they named these two-lips!
Leo, later looking at rhododendrons in the yard: They should have named these ones three-lips!
2. I texted this actual picture of Leo to my mom the other day, saying, “Leo just got stung by a bee. Do you think I should take him to the doctor?”
(It’s grapes in his cheeks and sun in his eyes.)
(My mom no longer falls for my antics.)
3. Rocco: What are the golden years?
Me: It’s when you’re older and you’ve stopped working and are just enjoying life.
Rocco: I know how you can have more golden years.
Me: How’s that?
Rocco: Just never get a job, and then it can always be the golden years!
4. We visited Kevin’s new office building. Is it just me or does it look like Leo wants to sell you drugs?
5. I was giving Kevin instructions on how to make dinner, help the kids with homework, and get them ready for bed since I was heading out. I looked over to see if he was following.
I just don’t feel like he listens to me anymore.
6. Driving the carpool home from Vincenzo’s play practice, I was explaining the order in which we’d drop off the boys:
Me: …and we’ll drop Tucker off last. I always save the best for last.
Tucker: That’s me, I’m the best!
Me: Actually, Vincenzo is technically the last, so I guess he’s the best.
Alex: Oh, that’s what parents always say.
Me: What, that their kid is the best?
Alex: No, that Vincenzo is the best.
WHAT’S COOKIN’ 2NITE:
Spaghetti & meatballs
Kale, cherry, and pepita salad
(Thanks for cooking it, Mom, and sorry I didn’t leave you a ruler to measure the 2” of water in the pot.)