1. On the car ride back from Great Wolf Lodge Leo spilled applesauce all over his lap (don’t ask why he was eating applesauce in the car). I scooped it all back into the container then offered it to Kevin.
“Want some lapplesauce?”
2. Me: If you were to get a cat, what kind of cat would you want?
V: Siamese cats!
Me: Vincenzo! In these modern times I think we’re supposed to call them conjoined cats.
3. Me: If I ever write a novel, I am going to make the main character’s name Maiden China. Get it?
Kevin: And she can be in fierce competition with her sister, Hechoin Mexico!
4. Me: If I ever own a hockey team, I am going to make its mascot the hawkies.
(By the way, these four snippets all came out of my mouth in about a 30 minute period. If someone had asked me to solve global warming during that 30 minute period I totally could have done it.)
5. Rocco: Dad, are you going to hot yoga?
Me: Rocco, he’s wearing jeans. He doesn’t wear jeans to hot yoga.
Kevin: That would be fancy yoga.
Me: No…that would be haute yoga.
6. Me: I think I might move the desk out of the cloffice and put in storage shelves instead. The only problem is…what would we call the cloffice?
Kevin: The clorage.
Now that I’ve written this post, I see it for what it is: a bunch of groaners and eye-rollers…not the comedy gold it felt like at the time. It’s best for you to just to keep your distance when we get like this.
WHAT’S COOKIN’ 2NITE:
Fried corn tortillas with goat cheese and roasted peppers, ancho chile sauce, avocado-tomatillo salsa, and fresh corn salsa