1. Rocco: Vincenzo, if you keep going to martial arts you’re going to run out of batteries!
2. Rocco, explaining who Leo is to a friend: Leo is a little boy. He’s not a girl. Leo is my son.
3. We have a lot of crosswalk signs that look like this in our city:
Rocco has been calling them “alien crossing” signs because the head is not connected to the body, so it’s clear these beings are not human. Here’s a snippet from a conversation we had in the car yesterday:
Me: There’s another alien crosswalk, Rocco!
Rocco: Yes…no neck.
Me: It looks like aliens don’t have hands or feet either.
R: Yes, they do have hands and feet. They wouldn’t be able to walk without feet.
He spent a couple minutes lecturing me on the anatomy of alien bodies, then concluded with, “I don’t exactly remember what they look like; it’s been a long time since we went to space.”
4. This last one is my favorite conversation I have ever had with Rocco:
Rocco: Grandma is my mom.
Me: No, Grandma is Daddy’s Mom. I’m your Mom.
R: And I’m your mom.
Me: No, Rocco. I’m your mom. You call me Mom, right?
R: Hey Rachel, who’s my mom now?
5. (Because it feels weird to end a post with only 4 points)
E-mailed to me by Rocco’s teacher: