1. Vincenzo, looking through his Halloween candy: Look! I got Milk Dudes!
2. Vincenzo: Yay—I got a cantina for Christmas! [It was a canteen.]
3. Rocco: Mom, trains are still my favorite but I wish I liked planes because planes are a little bit cooler.
4. Rocco, eating beef stew: When I eat this at first my mouth is smiling but then it makes my mouth do this. [frowns]
5. Me, reading to Vincenzo: “…blah blah blah Ulysses S. Grant…”
V: I know about Ulysses S. Grant! He helped our side win in the civil war!
Me: Yep—he helped lead the Yankees to victory.
V, laughing: No, Mom! This isn’t about baseball!
6, Rocco: Mom, when can we go back to Elevenworth? [He meant Leavenworth.]
7. Me, on a batch of lentil molten lava cakes I made: This is the worst molten lava cake I’ve ever made but it’s still the best lentil I’ve ever made.
Wow, that felt good–it’s pretty rare that I make it onto my own blog!
WHAT’S COOKIN’ 2NITE:
Mexican corn cakes
Cumin black beans
Frozen espresso cheesecake