We took a mini road trip yesterday to visit my brother and his family and I really love not having DVD players in our car. Most of the really good stuff that happened doesn’t translate to blog format–it was an expression or a perfectly timed “No!” from Rocco or Leo’s constant giggling, but here’s what I got for you:
1. About halfway there Rocco started spontaneously counting to 10 in the car, but got stuck at “…two and a half…”
2. After we had been driving for over an hour, asked, “Can we turn around and go home? I have to go to the bafroom!”
3. We passed a train so I made up a joke:
Q: What did one train say to the other?
A: Pardon me, I just tooted.
4. Then Vincenzo made up a joke:
Q: What did one car say to the other?
A: Beep beep
5. Then I told the one that goes:
Q: Why did Sally shake the cow?
A: She wanted to have a milkshake.
6. Which sparked an in-depth conversation about whether or not you could actually make butter from shaking a cow enough, which then turned to a conversation about what would happen if I, a lactating mother, jumped on the trampoline all afternoon…
7. When we asked Rocco how he’s doing he said, as he always does now, “AWESOME!” Then added, “I used to always be good but now I always am always AWESOME!” (Yes, he stole his older brother’s catch phrase.)
8. We stopped at Wendy’s for dinner, and just as Kevin was bringing our food to the table Vincenzo looked up with a “bright idea” look on his face and said, “Mom, we should go to Wendy’s for dinner sometime!” He was totally serious.
9. As we pulled up to our house Rocco saw a cloud of bugs and said, “There are so many bugs, Dad. There’s a whole school of bugs!”
10. And finally, as I was unloading the car I walked upstairs to see this:
When I got closer, he said, “Special delivery! It’s for yoooouuuu!”
(I asked him to look up for a picture and he said, “No—the package doesn’t have a head,” like it was the most ridiculous thing he had heard all day.")