1. The boys were at the table eating cherries:
R: What did you just spit out, Denzo?
V: A pit.
R: Ooo! Will you spit out my pits, Denzo?!!
2. V: Can I wear my boots outside, Mom?
R: Can I wear my feet outside?
3. R, out of the blue: Denzo starts with the number “V.” (“Denzo” is his name for Vincenzo.) (Kindergarten is going to be very confusing for Rocco.)
4. Rocco, whining: I want Special Kaaaaayyy. I want it nooooowww.
Me: Please stop whining.
Rocco, whining: But that’s what people doooooo when they waaaant something!
5. Rocco showed up after 20 minutes alone yesterday, looking like this, no explanation:
6. Rocco: Remember when we didn’t have Leo, Mom?
R: Just leave him somewhere. Then we won’t have him anymore.
7. Rocco at lunch: Where do bottoms come from? I was just walking around one day, then I had one!