Children should be heardApril 30, 2012
1. Vincenzo has been in speech therapy since last August for pronunciation, and he still has a ways to go on the letter /l/. We work on it throughout the day, but my attempt to sneak in a little practice yesterday failed, as we were driving by a Google sign.
Me: Vincenzo, can you say “Google” and get the /l/ in it?
Vincenzo: Sure I can. MICROSOFT!!
At which point he high-fived his father.
2. Me: Hold my hand in the parking lot, Rocco. I don’t want you to get hit by a car.
Rocco: Sometimes I just want to get hit by one.*
3. The word “wrappaging” is being used frequently in my house this week. Fanks for that, Vincenzo. (And fanks to Rocco for giving us “fanks.”)
4. While I was wiping Rocco’s face with a wet cloth…
Rocco: I don’t like my face.
Me: You mean you don’t like getting your face wiped.
Rocco: No. I just don’t like my face.**
5. Hey, just wondering if anyone else is free on April 35th?
Or is that April E5?
*He doesn’t really have a death wish; he just loves to be contrary.
**Seriously, how could anyone not like this face?
Did I write “like?” I meant “lick.”