1. Vincenzo, getting concerned listening to the side effects of a product during football commercials: “We don’t drink that, right, Mom?” I assured him it wasn’t so no, he did not need to worry about erections lasting longer than six hours. Thank you, Viagra.
2. V on volcanoes: Dad, do you know what lava is made of?
V: Poisonous acid.
3. V on volcanoes II: Did you know that lava has killed 200 people in the whole world?
4. Rocco waves bye-bye to his dad every morning. Awhile back he started waving bye-bye anytime he saw Kevin. Then he took to waving bye-bye to photos he saw of him. But I think he took it a little too far when this picture came up on the computer last week…
and Rocco waved bye-bye at it. It’s sweet and kind of sad at the same time, isn’t it? Here’s a link to a touching song written about a boy with a similar thing going on.
5. Yesterday Vincenzo said, “Mom, I know that behind Earth is heaven, but what’s behind heaven?” I told him I didn’t know—only God knows. Then he started talking about how heaven is behind the clouds, so it seems like there has to be something behind heaven. So I drew him a picture of the universe.
I think I know what it feels like to tell kids the truth about Santa.
WHAT’S COOKIN’ 2NITE:
Sweet potatoes with orange, roasted walnuts, and toasted marshmallows