1. Vincenzo was really peeved that we wouldn’t do something he wanted the other day. We told him to think of a different idea. This conversation ensued:
V: [angrily] Then LET’S play KITTY deLIVery.
K: Sure! That’s a great idea.
V: [even more angrily] NO IT’S NOT A GOOD IDEA!
2. Kevin took Vincenzo to his gym class last week. As it was the first day of this semester, when they came home I asked V if he had a new teacher. “No,” he answered. “It’s still Teacher Fawn; she just changed her name to Kari.”
3. Vincenzo was standing in the kitchen when out of the blue, this took place:
V: Ding dong!
Mom: Oh, hi Vincenzo. Come in!
V: Thanks. I brought the whole turtle soccer team with me.
V: We could use come Cate-orade.
Mom: Um…sure, here’s some Gatorade. [Passes around pretend cups]
V: It’s CATE-orade, Mom. [to team] Haha, Mom thought it was Gatorade.
4. We’ve been playing a lot of pretend doctor lately. Vincenzo usually takes the dogs and we take everything else. The other day, though, a moose walked into Vincenzo’s office complaining of a stomachache. V prescribed the moose 5 pills. The next day Moose came back, complaining of stomach pains again.
V: Did you take the five pills?
Moose: Five pills? I thought you said TEN pills!
V: Nope. Five.
Moose: Well can you help me? I took ten and I’m in a lot of pain here…
V: [belligerently] NO I CAN’T HELP YOU! I’M A DOG DOCTOR, NOT A MOOSE DOCTOR!
5. Vincenzo brought home his first-ever progress report from school. I want to frame the first sentence: “Vincenzo’s calm, observant ways will never keep him from donning his cape and running very fast.”
WHAT’S COOKIN’ 2NITE:
Cheddar broccoli soup